Focus and Scope
AUDIENSI: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Perkembangan Anak is a scientific publication forum that focuses on accommodating children's education and learning issues such as curriculum, learning strategies, media and playing tools in learning, teacher professionalism in children's education, educational management for early childhood and primary school, children's education policies as well as children’s growth and development
Peer Review Process
- The author should confirm that the manuscript has not been published or in the process of being published by other publishers (in sealed).
- Manuscript submitted in digital form to the Editorial Board of this journal using the online submission provided on this website.
- Upon acceptance of the Editorial Board, the manuscript will be explored in general. Scripts which are considered incompatible with the mission of this journal will be rejected at this stage, and will be communicated immediately to the author and the reason of disapproval.
- Manuscripts that pass the general study will be sent to at least two reviewers (blind reviewer) to be formally studied.
- Based on reviewers' comments and recommendations, the Editorial Board will make and communicate decisions regarding assessed manuscripts (accepted without revision, accepted with minor revisions, major revisions accepted, rejected due to the quality of writing and rejected because of ethical reasons writing scientific papers).
- Revised manuscript must be returned to the Editorial Board within a predetermined time. If the revised manuscript is sent past the deadline specified, it will be treated as new submissions.
- The manuscript that has been published or in the process of publication on another publisher may not be submitted.
Open Access Policy
AUDIENSI provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
AUDIENSI is published online twice a year, in April and October.
AUDIENSI does not charge author(s) fees for article submissions, processing, and publication.
This is the statement of ethics for AUDIENSI: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Perkembangan Anak published by Early Childhood Teacher Education Program, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana. This statement was adapted from the guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) accommodating publication ethics for chief editor, editorial board, reviewers and authors. Articles published in AUDIENSI is believed as a precious product of people’s mind reflecting the issues and/or phenomena which has been written in a unique way to be part of educational research community. Hence, it must follow standards and procedures to reflect the ethical behavior for all parties involved in the publication such as: chief editor, editorial board, reviewers, authors, publisher as well as society. Editorial Board of AUDIENSI are continuously committed to guarantee that all publication process is based on the right procedures and is objective and responsible. In addition, editorial board members and reviewers review manuscripts without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or certain political and group interest.
Duties of Authors
- Author(s) ensure only new and original work is submitted.
- Author(s) ensure that the list of author(s) meets the criteria as the author(s).
- Author(s) is responsible for the work and the contents of the article including the methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Author(s) must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
- Author(s) must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Author(s) inform the editor (for some reasons) if he will retract his paper.
- Author(s) are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Author(s) make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, plagiarism-free (DF2P), have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other publishers.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Reviewers can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Reviewers review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally in accordance with the standards that have been determined.
- Reviewers shall not review any paper involving himself, whether directly or indirectly.
- Reviewers reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Editor in Chief for further action.
- Reviewers should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Reviewers maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations.
- Reviewers maintain the reputation of AUDIENSI and participate in improving the quality of its publications.
- Reviewers adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Editor in Chief.
Duties of Editorial Board Members
- Editorial Board Members Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Editorial Board Members prioritize freedom of expression.
- Editorial Board Members maintain the integrity of the author's academic record.
- Editorial Board Members deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and apologies if necessary.
- Editorial Board Members are responsible for the style and format of writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the author.
- Editorial Board Members continuously support and promote the journal.
- Editorial Board Members review any work assigned to them.
- Editorial Board Members encourage assessment of the journal if any situation is found.
- Editorial Board Members support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by requesting authors to attach an Ethical Clearance.
- Editorial Board Members support initiatives to educate researchers about ethical publications.
- Editorial Board Members actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
Duties of Editor in Chief
- Editor in Chief evaluates manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Editor in Chief ensures confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Editor in Chief has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Editor in Chief actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Editor in Chief gives clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Editor in Chief ensures appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.