Focus and Scope
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea is a peer-review scholarly Law Journal issued by Faculty of Law Satya Wacana Christian University which is purported to be an instrument in disseminating ideas or thoughts generated through academic activities in the development of legal science (jurisprudence). Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea accepts submissions of scholarly articles to be published that cover original academic thoughts in Legal Dogmatics, Legal Theory, Legal Philosophy and Comparative Law.
Peer Review Process
- The submitted manuscript shall be the original work of the author, either originated from research activities or in the form of conceptual articles and has not been published anywhere else.
- Having been received by the Editorial Board, the manuscript shall undergo the general review process to assess the suitability of the article with the focus of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea and its conformity with the relevant writing guidelines.
- If the manuscript does not fall within the focus of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea as suggested in the journal’s mission statement, the manuscript will not be considered at this stage and the decision will be promptly informed to the author.
- If the manuscript properly falls within the focus of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea as suggested in the journal’s mission statement, but not in conformity with the relevant writing guidelines, the manuscript will be returned to the author along with a notification that the necessary adjustments be made.
- The manuscript that is found to be eligible following the general review will be delivered to at least two reviewers using a double blind system for substantial review.
- Based on the reviews, the Editorial Board shall make a decision as to whether the manuscript is accepted without revision, accepted with minor revisions, accepted with major revision, or rejected either for reasons of writing quality or for ethical reasons and promptly inform the decision to the author.
- In any case, in which revision is required, the author shall send the revised manuscript to the Editorial Board within the specified time. If the submission of a revised article exceeds the specified time, it will be considered as a new submission.
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea terbit dua kali dalam satu tahun (Agustus dan Februari)
Open Access Policy
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Statement of Ethics
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea sebagai Jurnal llmu Hukum memiliki Etika Publikasi llmiah yang menjunjung tinggi nilai – nilai kenetralan, keadilan, dan kejujuran. Nilai kenetralan bermakna bahwa dalam penerbitan jurnal tersebut bebas dari kepentingan berbagai pihak, baik kepentingan pengelola, editor, mitra bestari, mapun pengarang. Nilai Keadilan bermakna memberikan kesempatan yang sama kepada penulis yang ingin menyampaikan karyanya dan menghargai hak penulis atas karya tersebut. Nilai kejujuran bermakna bahwa dalam penerbitan artikel bebas dari duplikasi, fabrikasi, falsifikasi, dan plagiarism (DF2P).
Publication Ethics Statement
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea is a Law Journal managed by the Faculty of Law of Satya Wacana Christian University. This journal is published twice (two numbers) in each annual volume. Editing in the publishing process of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea involves the role of Peer Reviewers.
Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea has a high commitment to maintaining the highest standard in publication, including by upholding compliance to publication ethics. For this purpose, the Publication Ethics of this journal refers to the Regulation of the Head of Indonesian Institute of Sciences No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications. The Publication Ethics, which is intended to respond to cases of ethical misconduct in publications, is developed in four ethical standards, based on the parties participating in the production of a journal, which are Ethical Standard for Journal Manager, Ethical Standard for Editorial Board, Ethical Standard Peer Reviewers and Ethical Standard for Authors.
When it comes to implementation, articles that show lacks of compliance to the Publication Ethics will be denied publication in Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea . To prevent violations of the Publication Ethics, the Editorial Board applies software to detect plagiarism practices. In any case, where violations of the Publication Ethics of a published article is detected subsequently, the Editorial Board will file a report to the appropriate authorities. The author wishing to publish his articles through Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea shall properly sign and submit the Statement of Ethics and the Copyright Agreement. The format of the Statement of Ethics and the Copyright Agreement can be downloaded through the following links.
Ethical Standard for Journal Manager
The Journal Manager bears the responsibility for facilitating the publication of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea, facilitating the work of the Editorial Board and Peer Reviewers, respecting the decision of the Editorial Board and Peer Reviewers, as well as facilitating the Editorial Board in dealing with sponsors and third parties. The Journal Manager ensures that the publication of Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea complies with the specified Publication Ethics.
The Ethical Standards for the Journal Manager consist of the following responsibilities:
- to respect academic freedom in its relationship with the Editorial Board and Peer Reviewers;
- to respect confidential matters with regards to the Authors, Editorial Board and Peer Reviewers;
- to apply reward and punishment principle toward the Editorial Board.
Ethical Standard for Editorial Board
The Editorial Board is responsible for deciding which articles are to be published, organizing article reviews, and ensuring that the articles are reviewed fairly and are not involving any kind of academic misconduct. The Editorial Board examines practices relating to article standards of authorship, the satisfaction of statement of authenticity of the articles, the detection of possible article duplications, the completeness of the acknowledgment of contributions, the statement of authorship and the statement of funding sources. The Editorial Board should provide guidance for authors along with the writing templates. The Editorial Board is also responsible for determining journal contents and seeks to improve the quality of publications on an on-going basis. The Editorial Board provides forms to be signed by the authors containing Ethics Statement (ethical clearance) and the Copyright Agreement. The Editorial Board seeks to ensure that the research to be published in Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Alethea is in accordance with the guidelines on the ethical codes of scientific publications issued by the Indonesian Institute of Science and other relevant international guidelines.
The ethical standards that should be met by the Editorial Board cover the following responsibilities:
- to perform a fair assessment to the articles to ensure that the articles do not contain any ethical misconduct, genuine, objective and independent.
- to assess the quality of articles regardless of nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors without prejudice in making decisions including in choosing Peer Reviewers.
- to ensure the review process of the article is performed thoroughly, transparently, objectively and fairly.
- to ensure that all published papers are reviewed through qualified Peer Reviewers.
- to ensure the feasibility of Peer Reviewers selected in accordance with their competence and that no conflict of interest is present.
- to reject the article without going through the review process if the article is not in line with the scope of the journal or having exceptionally low quality. However, the decision to reject an article should never be based on the background of the author or his/her institutional affiliation.
Ethical Standard for Peer Reviewers
A Peer Reviewer is responsible for assisting the Editorial Board to critically examine the content of articles in accordance with its area of expertise. A Peer Reviewer assisted the Editorial Board in determining the eligibility of articles to be published and at the same time assisting authors to improve the quality of their articles. In the review process, a Peer Reviewer may recommend the following as results of his/her review: (i) the article is accepted without any required adjustment or with minor adjustment in which the adjustment is performed by the author without subsequently re-submitting the adjusted article to the Peer Reviewer, (ii) the article is accepted subject to required adjustment, in which the author adjusts the articles and re-submits the article to the Peer Reviewer, (iii) the article is rejected and recommended to be published elsewhere as appropriate, (iv) the article is rejected and recommended not to be published anywhere because the work is inappropriate, defective or adversely affecting the readers/community.
The ethical standards that should be met by the Peer Reviewers cover the following responsibilities:
- to be honest, objective, unbiased, independent and upholding the truth;
- to assess the articles according to his/her field of expertise in a critical manner, to be open to new developments, to keep confidentiality concerning the assessed articles, not to take personal advantage from the articles assessed, and to have a commitment to improving articles that have been reviewed;
- to present the result of his/her review fairly and objectively based on sound arguments.
- to refrain from taking advantage of the reviewed articles for personal gain or third party’s gain and from distributing the articles being reviewed to any other irrelevant parties.
Ethical Standard for Authors
The ethical standards that should be met by the Authors cover the following responsibilities:
- to provide a statement that the article submitted for publication is original has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of submitting to other publishers;
- to provide a statement that the article submitted for publication is legitimately the work of the author him/herself;
- to promptly notify the Editorial Board if there is an error in the submitted article;
- to notify the Editorial Board should conflict of interests situation emerges.
- in the case of co-authorship, to ensure that the names of the authors and their order reflect the proper contribution of each author as agreed by all the authors.
- to appropriately notify the Editorial Board if he/she decides to withdraw his/her submitted article.
- to refrain from plagiarism and salami publications.