Focus and Scope
SCHOLARIA: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan managed by Program Studi Pendidikan Guru Sekolah Dasar (PGSD) Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan (FKIP) Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana (UKSW) Salatiga cooperates with the Association of Indonesian Primary School Teacher Education Lecturers presenting diverse themes, yet still within major themes in education. Particularly about the study of theoretical education and results of classroom action research, experimental research and development research in the development of education including sustainable professionalism.
Peer Review Process
The authors of the article have to pay attention to the following editorial policy provisions:
- The manuscript that has been published or in the process of publication on another publisher may not be submitted. The author should confirm that the manuscript has not been published or in the process of being published by other publishers (in sealed).
- Manuscript submitted in digital form to the Editorial Board of SCHOLARIA using the online submission provided on this website.
- Upon acceptance of the Editorial Board, the manuscript will be explored in general. Scripts which are considered incompatible with the mission of SCHOLARIA will be rejected at this stage, and will be communicated immediately to the author and the reason of disapproval.
- Manuscripts that pass the general study will be sent to at least two reviewers (blind reviewer) to be formally studied.
- Based on reviewers' comments and recommendations, the Editorial Board will make and communicate decisions regarding assessed manuscripts (accepted without revision, accepted with minor revisions, major revisions accepted, rejected due to the quality of writing and rejected because of ethical reasons writing scientific papers).
- Revised manuscript must be returned to the Editorial Board within a predetermined time. If the revised manuscript is sent past the deadline specified, it will be treated as new submissions.
Scholaria published three times a year, in January, May and September.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Publication Ethics Statement
Scholaria: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan is a scientific publication that contains research results in the field of education, related to teaching and learning, educational theories and practice, education policy, curriculum development and learning materials, culture and character of the nation, teacher education, technology and learning media, and other relevant themes. To that end, various article writers from within and abroad are invited. This statement of ethical codes is a statement of ethical code of all parties involved in the process of publication of this scientific journal of managers, editors, inter-agency (bestari) partners, and authors.
This declaration of ethical codes of scientific publication is based on the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values ??in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, i.e. free of conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely to authorize authors to author/authors; and (iii) Honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining the name of the journal, scope of science, scaling, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the board of editors, bestari partners.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and others in a contract.
- Appreciate the things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/ authors, editors, or bestari partners.
- Implementing norms and provisions on intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review the journal policy and submit it to the author/ author, editor board, bestari's partner, and reader.
- Make code guidelines behave for editors and bestari partners.
- Publish the journal regularly.
- Ensure availability of funding sources for sustainability of journal publication.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare the licensing and other legality aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/ authors,
- Seeking continuous improvement of the quality of publications,
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of expression,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic record,
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and apologies if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the author,
- Actively ask the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and editor board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage assessment of the journal if any situation is found,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by requesting authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form approved by the Ethical Clearance Commission,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about ethical publications,
- Assessing the effect of the publishing policy on the author/ author's attitudes and the bestari's partners and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Open-minded to new opinions or views of others whom may be contrary to personal opinions,
- Does not defend its own opinion, author or third party which may result in a non-objective decision,
- Encourage authors/ writers, in order to make improvements to the paper to be published.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewer (Partners)
- Obtain the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the review to the editor, as a material to determine the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer shall not review any paper involving himself, whether directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations.
- Encourage authors/ author to make improvements to the papers.
- Reviewing the written works that have been improved in accordance with the standards that have been determined.
- The papers are reviewed timely according to the published style of scriptures (theoretical and literature review, data collection methods, author's legality, originality/ research findings, conclusions, etc.).
- Maintain the reputation of Scholaria journals and participate in improving the quality of its publications.
Duties and Responsibilities Author
- Ensure that the list of authors/ author meets the criteria as the authors/ author.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article including the methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Express the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describe the limitations in the study.
- Responding to comments made by professional partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor (for some reasons) if he will retract his paper.
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, plagiarism-free (DF2P), have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other publishers.